Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: children  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

Can I get Home Affairs to make my ID interview sooner if it's urgent?

Your best bet is probably to ask an organisation that frequently deals with Home Affairs to help you.

Read more

What should we do now that my son's Child Support Grant payment has stopped because the primary care giver died?

You should go to the SASSA office and explain the situation and why you are applying for the Child Support Grant.

Read more

How can I take custody of my 16-year-old son and change his surname to mine?

Both of these issues can be resolved through mediation to reach an agreement or parenting plan, which can then be made an order of court.

Read more

Should I wait for the spousal permit to be extended before informing Home Affairs that we are divorced?

The court ordered that a foreign ex-spouse should be allowed to live and work in the country to discharge parental duties.

Read more